Sr. Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator
Job no: 494026
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator is a member of the Budget Office team that is responsible for the development and administration of all aspects of the University’s operating budget and multi-year financial plan. This position reports to the Budget Director and supports the daily operations of the Budget Office. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator performs budget monitoring and analysis, investigates variances, prepares forecasts, participates in budget development, prepares reports, performs special projects and works with personnel throughout the University. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator plays a key role in maintaining the functionality of the software applications and the integrity of the related data that support the University’s financial management. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator must exercise good judgment in the handling of confidential personnel and other financial information and maintain high standards of quality, accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in all work performed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- BUDGET ADMINISTRATION - The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator reviews general ledger activity throughout the year and identifies variances, mispostings and other anomalies. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator investigates such issues and determines appropriate resolutions by gathering data from multiple sources. This includes developing a strong understanding of University operations and maintaining close working relationships with budget managers and with other Finance personnelThe Budget Analyst maintains and updates a large number of ongoing financial analyses and reports and develops new ones on an ad hoc basis, requiring a high degree of proficiency in various software applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, Banner Finance, Anaplan, HR and Student systems and Cognos).
- PERSONNEL EXPENSE ADMINISTRATION - The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator monitors personnel expenses and staffing levels on a monthly basis. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator prepares forecasts of current year and future labor expenses based on unit level vacancy and hiring trends. Working with HR and payroll, the Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator monitors and ensures the accuracy of salaries, benefits expenses, and employee classifications throughout the organization.
- ANNUAL BUDGET DEVELOPMENT: The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator takes a lead role in the development and compilation of the annual operating budget and five-year plan. Working with the Provost’s Office and with Human Resources, the Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator models various staffing projections and related expenses. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator prepares special analyses and reports to facilitate the budget development process and assists in the preparation of the budget book schedules and other budget presentation materials.
- FINANCIAL SYSTEMS AND REPORTING: The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator assists the Budget Director in the design, implementation and maintenance of budget databases utilized for budget development, forecasting and reporting. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator is also responsible for the development of budget reports and forecasts using Anaplan.
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVES: The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator assists the Associate Vice President for Financial Planning & Budget and the Budget Director in researching industry benchmarks and best practices. The Senior Budget Analyst & Systems Coordinator assists the Associate Vice President for Financial Planning & Budget and the Budget Director in the design and testing of new financial measures to answer long-term concerns of University Leadership as well as the Board of Regents.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and budgeting; at least five years of relevant accounting, financial, budget and/or systems experience.
- Experience in evaluating a wide variety of revenue and expense trends in order to provide reliable forecasts of financial performance.
- Proficiency in financial accounting systems and applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- Bachelor's Degree
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend