Associate Director Corporate & Foundation Relations
Job no: 493970
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director for Corporate Relations within the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations is a key member of the University’s front-line fundraising staff. In collaboration with and under the direction of the Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, this individual is responsible for implementing strategies to ensure the holistic and comprehensive engagement of corporate prospects and partners, which is a targeted area for revenue stream growth at the University. This individual will work in concert with the Senior Director to refine and implement a new corporate engagement program that seeks to establish new corporate partnerships and augment existing corporate relationships, thus increasing corporate philanthropic investment across Seton Hall and its constituent units and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in articulation and execution of a comprehensive and holistic corporate engagement strategy for the University. Help to create a robust pipeline of corporate funding opportunities, raising the regional and national profile of the University and identifying corporate prospects for major philanthropic investment across the University. Help to develop and implement engagement strategies that align corporate funding and interests with University-based funding priorities and needs.
- Independently manage a portfolio of corporate prospects and partners on behalf of assigned units across the University. Effectively identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporate prospects and partners through the corporate engagement continuum, achieving a personal fundraising goal and contributing toward team and departmental goals. Engagement modalities may take the form of initial inquiries, in-person meetings, presentations, written proposals, and stewardship reports, among others.
- Engage corporate alumni through existing industry-alumni affinity groups and corporate-based alumni clubs. Work with Advancement colleagues to develop corporate alumni philanthropic awareness and engagement. Create programming with affinity groups and corporate clubs to broaden the University's engagement with key corporate prospects and partners and enhance corporate philanthropic investment. Identify new corporate prospects and partners at which corporate clubs and affinity groups can be created.
- Help to plan and direct corporate engagement events for assigned units and broader University community. Build enduring relationships with corporate partners through corporate event attendance, recognition events, University signature events, and other activities and communications.
- Assist in building professional corporate/business network for University among statewide and regional business organizations, developing key alliances and identifying opportunities for providing business leaders with valuable insight about the University.
- BA required, 3-5 years experience.
- The Associate Director position requires someone with corporate relations experience, development experience, or higher education experience.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide a written response of no more than one page to the following question: "How will your work in the office of corporate & foundation relations advance the Catholic educational mission of Seton Hall University?"
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend