Associate Director Donor Relations
Job no: 493913
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director of Donor Relations supports a comprehensive donor relations system that strategically aligns with the efforts of the Division of Advancement and the University as a whole, at the direction of the Senior Director of Stewardship and Donor Engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages scholarship stewardship program, in coordination with campus partners. Ensures that scholarship awards are accurately tracked and reported to donors in accordance with University policy and guidelines set by the Senior Director of Stewardship and Donor Engagement.
- Oversees the donor gift acknowledgement process including the daily acknowledgement letter system, and other weekly, monthly, annual and special print and electronic acknowledgements. Researches and implements new and creative ways to thank and steward donors.
- Manages a variety of reporting functions to ensure that the University’s philanthropic supporters receive timely, high quality correspondence demonstrating the impact of their gifts. These include, but are not limited to, scholarship reports, endowment reports, and stewardship reports.
- Works closely with Development staff and others to report to donors on the specific use of philanthropic gifts, to arrange meetings between donors and beneficiaries when appropriate, and to help celebrate gift impact.
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established constituent database to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or similar field, plus 3-5 years of experience working in a higher education environment.
- MA preferred
- The Associate should have development experience in a non-profit organization, with preference to those in higher education.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide name and contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend