Assistant Dean Graduate & Professional Education
Job no: 493855
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Assistant Dean for Compliance and Professional Education oversees: (1) Directs the operations of the Center for Health & Pharmaceuctical Law & Policy which includes: (a) planning and budgeting; (b) organizing Center sponsored scholarly, educational, and networking events for students, attorneys and alumni; and (b) with the Faculty Director, overseeing the research and policy work of the Center's Research Fellows. (2) Oversees the growth and operation of two US Healthcare Compliance Certification Programs (HCCPs), five International HCCPs, and other compliance education programs. Attends industry events to promote and market all SHU programs. (3) Supports the Dean and the Department of Alumni & Development by seeking outside support, grants, scholarships and funding from alumni and corporations and works with OCS to advise health/life sciences law students and alumni programs with curricular advisement and career counseling relating to health and life sciences industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Center Events & Activities. Collaborate with health law faculty, the Executive Director of Healthcare Compliance Certificate Programs, staff and outside parties to identify, develop and host a variety of educational and networking events throughout the year, including visiting health law scholars, academic fora, health law and compliance CLEs, and professional career and networking events.
- Coordinate with Center faculty on advising the educational experience and career progression of JD students interested in a career in Health Law or Compliance.
- Healthcare Compliance Certification and other compliance programs. Oversight of the Executive Director of Healthcare Compliance Certificate Programs and Administrative Assistant, and of activities of live HCCPs, including budget review, marketing, faculty recruitment, and program curriculum. Ensure HCCP strategic goals are met through oversight of attendance, revenues, speaker relationships, curriculum updates, marketing activities, and website presence. Directly responsible for implementation of International HCCPs (Asia, Europe (2), Middle East, LATAM) including faculty recruitment, curriculum, quality, budgeting, venue selection and serving as onsite director each year. Engage in strategic planning and launch of new compliance programs both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Center Research. Work closely with the Center's Faculty Director and Director/Executive Director to discuss and direct research projects and grant proposals. Supervise day-to-day activities of the Center's Research Fellows to ensure timeliness of production and quality of work product, creative public relations, and participation in relevant conferences regarding subjects of policy papers, and effective use of resources.
- Collaborate with Dean and other Law School administration and Law School faculty to identify appropriate grant opportunities, and fulfill stewardship and administrative responsibilities
- Significant practice experience in the area of health law is a strong plus.
- Experience in higher education also a plus.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend