Simulation Technology Engineer
Job no: 493823
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
The Simulation Technology Engineer oversees, coordinates and provides technical support to the Interprofessional Health Sciences Simulation Center. The The Simulation Technology Engineer is the primary IT support personnel for the IHS Simulation Center and thus coordinates the IT needs of the center, including the IT infrastructure critical to the Center's success, is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all Center computers, as well as the maintenance and operation of the B-Line Medical SIM Capture solution and its related infrastructure. The Simulation Technology Engineer works with the Simulation Leadership team of the College of Nursing, School of Medicine and the School of Health and Medical Sciences to determine requirements, set IT standards, and support the simulation activities of all three schools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Simulation Event Support: The Simulation Technology Engineer works with SIM Center staff to prepare and ensure that all PC and AV technology is operational prior to all simulation events. The Simulation Technology Engineer will be present during each event, provide technical support when issues arise, and quickly diagnose and solve those issues to allow simulation events to continue.
- Computer Maintenance: The Simulation Technology Engineer will conduct ongoing maintenance of all computer equipment in both the Standardized Patient simulation wing and the High Fidelity Simulation wing of the center. This includes student computers, patient computers, debrief room computers and all control room computers.
- Coordination between other IT support units: The Simulation Technology Engineer serves as the central point of contact for all technology needs in the Simulation Center at IHS and will coordinate with other IT support teams at the IHS campus to ensure the SIM Center is fully operational. This includes working with and setting standards for audio-visual support, network support and infrastructure support.
- B-Line Medical Administrator: The Simulation Technology Engineer will be the single point of contact for BLine technical support. Ensuring that the B-Line Medial application and infrastructure is maintained and upgraded as necessary. The Simulation Technology Engineer will troubleshoot PC, audio-visual and SIM Capture issues real-time during a simulation event.
Training: The Simulation Technology Engineer will develop training and support materials; conduct training programs for the SIM Center staff, faculty and students; and develop best practices to best utilize the hardware and software available in the Center.
- Administration: The Simulation Technology Engineer is responsible for preparing, maintaining and keeping an inventory of all technology equipment in the SIM Center including acquisition dates, warranty information, version information and end-of-life dates.
- Specialized Knowledge in: Microsoft Operating System 8.x and above; MAC OSx, Microsoft & Apple applications, Active Directory, Group policies
- Analytical Skills: high level of problem solving and diagnostic skills is required
- Project/Process Management: Must be familiar with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes
- Computer/ Technical: Must have a diverse understanding and application of software, hardware and networking. Strong technical knowledge and skills necessary
- Equipment Operation Must be proficient with PC, Mac and Audio Visual equipment
- Written Communications: Must posses a high level of writing skills with ability to communicate technical issues and resolution procedures in a clear and concise manner
- Oral Communications: Must have great oral skills and the ability to train various groups of users
Licenses and Certificates:
- APlus Certified and Crestron Certified
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend