Secretary for the Department of Athletic Training
Job no: 493756
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
The role of the Secretary for the Department of Athletic Training is to provide support to the Chair, full-time and adjunct faculty, and students in order to ensure the program's success. This is accomplished through various secretarial activities for the department chair and faculty, assisting current students with registration and daily inquiries, and providing information and guidance to our prospective students. The incumbent also works with the Director of Admissions to ensure all admissions records are accurate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Department Chair and all faculty within the department, by assisting with class scheduling, ordering and maintenance of supplies, the generating of correspondence, all recruitment efforts, and preparation and dissemination of educational and professional materials.
- This position also provides assistance in the development, preparation and scheduling of pro-gram workshops: including mailings, course materials and registration.
- Basic duties include handling all written/typed correspondence within the Department, routing mail, answering e-mails, and directing telephone calls within the department or handling external inquiries.
- The individual must keep abreast of University Policies and procedures, and supervise the maintenance of all records or files kept within the Department.
- Finally, this position provides for a liaison between departments regarding follow-up of all works in-progress, and all related matters of concern.
- High School diploma or GED
- Vocational or technical training-secretary
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 member may apply from 04/08/2019 to 04/12/2019.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend