Student Tutor for Federal TRIO Program-Spring Semester
Job no: 493693
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
- One to one peer tutoring and counseling.
- Serves as a resource person to help other students academically.
- Provide tutoring in a classroom to students in the areas of Math (Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, and Trigonometry) English, and the Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Science, and Anatomy & Physiology).
-Attend supervision meetings & trainings (MANDATORY)
-Monitor student performance or assist students in academic environments in classrooms.
-Utilize materials pertaining to subject matter
-Assist Instructors to set lesson goals and milestones
Complete and hand in all required paperwork (tutoring log, student sign-in-sheets, student assessment reports and other required documents).
-Must be reliable
-Serve as a positive role model for students
-Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
-Analyze and resolve problems.
-Patient, caring, and creative
-Flexible, adaptive, and a team player
-Able to take on many tasks at once and prioritize them by importance and relevance
-Creative and able to foster a fun learning environment
-Efficient time management
-Collaborate with instructors to evaluate student needs
-Create lessons to reiterate what students learned in class
-Plan creative learning activities
-Adjust lessons to advance skills beyond classroom level
-Provide encouragement and positive motivation
-Pay extra attention to problems and subjects student struggles with
-Review students’ homework and class assignments
-Sensitive to a diversity of students
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills, level of responsibility.
- Have 30 or more credits and established proficiency in all areas of Math (Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, and Trigonometry) English, and the Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Science, and Anatomy & Physiology)
-GPA of 3.0 or better
-At least two years of postsecondary education completed
-Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
-Strong organizational skills
-Must be Federal Work Study eligible
Experience tutoring children and teenagers
-Ability to pass a background check
-Able to develop positive rapport with students
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to provide supplemental instruction in groups
-Commitment to the growth and development of scholars
-Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
-Excellent judgment; ability to identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend