Secretary, Student Services
Job no: 493578
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position manages the administrative offices for the AVP, the Associate Dean, and the Associate Director. He/she has significant responsibility managing confidential student information and situations and managing and overseeing specific projects and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office Management - Includes: develop and maintain procedures and policies manual for office; manage calendars and answer phones for main office and three administrators; manage office, student, and personnel files for AVP; coordinate on-campus office partnerships particularly with Procurement, Registrar, Print Shop, and others as needed.
- Fiscal Controls - Includes: credit card managements (reconcile and spot check monthly statements) for 12 administrators; manage Setonian’s budget to include completion of preliminary budget functions and presenting findings and recommendations to supervisor for approval; coordinate and purchase office supplies for three administrative units.
- Manage Confidential Student Information - Includes: process student withdrawals; process student absence notifications; conduct background checks for students; manage Maxient student discipline database functions; triage sensitive student and parent phone calls/visits. Responds to Faculty inquires: mitigating problems and escalating issues to supervisor as needed. Provides background research for student background checks to ensure that information sent to inquiring institutions is accurate. Utilizes student database to edit communications to parents.
- Project Management - Includes: Student Life Website - continually monitor and update department website; coordinate with department heads for changes/revisions; recommend changes/improvements. Social Services Directory – research, keep current, and distribute database. Parent Orientation – prepare for and implement Parent Welcome Table and Tours during Pirate Adventure.
- Event Management - Includes: Coordinate meetings, conferences, large-scale events (Pirate Adventure, Orientation) to include invitations, guest lists, reservations, food orders, purchases, registration, logistics, speaker needs, etc.
- High School diploma and 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Associate's degree strongly preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- List names and contact information for three professional references.
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 08/21/2018 to 08/27/2018.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend