Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Special Events
Job no: 493431
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Special Events for the School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) works to promote and advance the School in support of its strategic goals. This Director develops and coordinates all SHMS marketing, recruitment and communication programs, organizes all events, and provides support to the SHMS faculty, administrators and staff with regard to advancing the position of the School in regional, national and international venues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an annual integrated public relations and marketing communication plan for the SHMS, working with the Dean, Associate Deans, and other key personnel in the School in collaboration with University Advancement.
- Advise SHMS administrators, faculty and staff on effective use of various marketing communications tactics and opportunities (including use of various media, web, direct mail, advertising, telemarketing, print publications, video, etc.).
- Manage graduate recruitment advertising and collaborate with other SHU schools and colleges, and with external SHMS partners (i.e. those with articulation agreements) on undergraduate recruitment efforts.
- Coordinate the work of all public relations professionals (internal and external) to implement the plan created for the SHMS. Serve as the primary information provider to ensure that the School’s messages are distributed to all appropriate audiences.
- In collaboration with University Advancement, serve as the writer/editor for all public relations and marketing needs for the SHMS. This includes all integrated communication plans, press releases, web articles, ad copy and brochures, magazine and newsletter copy as well as other public relations and marketing vehicles.
- Plan and manage University Advancement Team meetings for the SHMS, and coordinate all events for both the Division of Health Sciences and the Division of Medical Residencies and Fellowships in the SHMS.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study: Communications/Public Relations and Marketing
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Prior full-time experience as a public relations and marketing professional is required.
- This candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, along with a strong marketing background.
- Experience in negotiating with vendors, development and implementation of budgets, management of print production management, advertising, event management and editorial support is essential.
- Skill in project management is essential as this administrator will be required to set priorities and coordinate the workflow of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Public speaking and interpersonal communication skills required to make persuasive presentations. Learn how to create and develop script for recruitment videos and understand the basic fundamentals of photography for future publications. Attention to details specifically for editing and designing purposes.
- Strong ability to use email and office management software including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Knowledge of fundamental public relations and marketing principles, theories and strategies to provide University partners with a significant degree of communication expertise.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend