Computer Lab Consultant - PCSS - 2018-2019
Job no: 493326
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
The Lab Consultant will be responsible for:
• Learning all policies and procedures in place at PC Support Services.
• Becoming familiar with all university standard software and hardware.
• Familiarity with customer service skills.
• Providing basic user support in a lab environment.
• Reporting to the Lab Consultant station in their assigned lab on time.
• Attending a training session each semester to reinforce procedures and learn new skills.
• Wearing uniform in a visible location at all times throughout a shift.
• Completing a walk-though in the assigned lab every 30 minutes to ensure that all computers are logged out when a user has completed his/her work and has left the desktop, identify any problems that can be fixed immediately and assist users who may be having problems, maintain the physical appearance of the assigned lab. This may include light lab maintenance such as pushing in chairs, removing trash, etc.
• Enforcing lab rules by ensuring a proper academic environment is maintained at all times.
• Becoming comfortable with troubleshooting intermediate-level software and hardware problems.
• Competence in entering Service Now tickets when there are hardware or software problems in the assigned lab or when a user has a problem that can not be solved by trouble-shooting methods.
• Attending monthly meetings.
• Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems, MS Office Suite programs. Knowledge of Maple, SPSS and other software used on the SHU campus is also useful.
• Familiarity working with database applications and querying information.
• Articulation, organization, and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Superb customer service skills.
Please upload Resume and Cover Letter to be considered.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend