Senior PC Support Specialist
Job no: 493273
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Senior PC Support Specialist will be the lead in providing expert level II support to the University user community. The types of support includes completing repairs, replacement of faulty equipment, upgrading computers, installing and supporting of University standard software on desktops/laptop computers, providing support for network connectivity and printing on campus, testing of computers, workstations, and server technologies, and test multiple software applications and images that will be distributed campus wide. This position provides functional oversight & support for key support operations areas and day to day to day performances (i.e Main Campus Technical Service area and the Medical School). Senior Specialist will be a resource for other PC Support Specialist in resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional customer support to all members of the University Community. Create, track and administer call tickets for computer hardware, software, LAN, WAN, Internet, web-based applications, printers, and telecom system for the user community. Escalate issues to management.
- Research and document issues as they arise, finding solutions and fixes to resolve problems. Troubleshooting issues relating to supporting laptops, desktops, printers, and peripherals providing solutions both immediate and long term.
- Provides diagnostics and repairs to all equipment according to processes established by management, partners, and by manufacturer requirements to include ordering parts, installation and return of warranty items
- Troubleshoot and repair laptops, desktops, printers.
- Provide accurate documentation on all tasks
- Senior Specialist will be a resource for other PC Support Specialist in resolving problems, conduct training on Tech Support process and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Field of Study in computer related field, ie Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience - Including at least 3 years of computer repair, installation and troubleshooting
- Strong analytical skills to resolve complex issues are required
- MS Office Suite and networking experience, familiarity with Project Management
- Great leadership, customer service, documentation, and communication skills
- Valid Driver License, on-going computer related professional development
- MCSE Certification, Network +, Laptop/Desktop certifications (IBM, Dell, HP, etc), Familiarity with Service Now, Apple Certifications
Licenses and Certificates:
- Required: A+ Certification, MCSA
- General office environment
- Lifting, squatting, bending, carrying, standing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Proof of certifications will be required before interview is scheduled
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend