Associate Director, Media Services
Job no: 493259
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director is responsible for the oversight and delivery of professional audio visual media support to the campus community on the Nutley Campus, while overseeing the Classroom and Event Support Team. Identify emerging trends in the field of educational technology and support the integration of these trends into the teaching and learning environment. Support faculty, students and the community at large in their use of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and supervise the activities of the 1st and 2nd shift of the Classroom and Event Support Team. Ensure classroom and event equipment deliveries are accurate and on-time and respond to reported incidents of hardware failures in classrooms with 24 hours of equipment failure. Monitor proper operation and maintenance of installed equipment, ensure that necessary repairs are accomplished in a timely manner. Monitor Staff training and professional development.
- Works with the Director, Media Services to identify and develop plans for equipment updates and upgrades. Discuss, troubleshoot and conceptualize classroom needs. Is responsible for researching new technologies to meet the needs of design requests and enhancements on a regular basis. Train staff and other University members on existing and new technologies.
- Works with members of the Instructional Design team to develop and determine the development needs of facutly and students at the Nutley Campus. Consult with and provide assistance to other members of the Team on audio visual needs.
- Consult with both academic and administrative departments on the use of video conferencing facilities to facilitate real-time, synchronous video collaboration. Manage the University's lecture capture platform for use in the classroom or for personal capture by the faculty member on the Nutley campus.
- Gather and produce reports on types of services provided by the department in line with established departmental goals and objectives, assist with extablishing KPIs and TQM deliverables.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5-8 Years in AV Field and in an Educational setting
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience with Crestron, Shure, ClearOne, Sennheiser,
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a good communicator and motivator
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Detail oriented
- Articulate in communicating ideas, concepts, and directions clearly and concisely
- Must be able to manage and work with others on many different levels
Licenses and Certificates:
- General office environment
- Crawling under desks or climbing ladders to pull cables or check on equipment installed in ceilings
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend