Director, Advancement Operations
Job no: 493249
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Advancement Operations utilizes industry standards, best practices, and institutional policy to manage functions related to the accurate entry and management of donor and gift information, generates financial reports, and manages University Advancement's relationships with critical University partners including Finance, Enrollment Management and others to coordinate various accounting, reporting, record keeping and other critical operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the proper entry, maintenance, adjustment, receipting and review of gift information in the Raiser's Edge database. Serve as the liaison with a number of campus partners for data and reporting considerations in regards to gift accounting, reconciliation, audit and other related operations. Create regular financial reports for these purposes. Oversee additional procedures related to gift accounting including fund creation, managing the matching gift process, and recording and reviewing gifts-in-kind.
- Implement procedures to routinely review and provide recommendations for a number of University Advancement operations and procedures. Implement industry-standard practices to improve existing operations and make recommendations for the creation of new operations, procedures and policies to ensure best practices.
- Supervise, develop and mentor two gift processors and one secretary (shared).
- BA required, Masters Preferred.
- Five to eight years successful experience with database management, gift accounting and processing, financial reporting and accounting.
- Additionally, the Director should have significant supervisory experience and exposure to non-profit fundraising/ development.
- Position requires a valid driver's license as road travel to events is necessary.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend