Secretary, College of Nursing
Job no: 493237
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position performs a variety of secretarial duties and provides administrative support for the Undergraduate Department. It checks student clinical requirements and prepares clearance attestation and flu vaccination letters. Further, it posts notices to Blackboard and prepares correspondence with the Board of Nursing in connection with degree completion for undergraduate students. Last, it serves as the department's first point of contact for Blackboard-related questions/issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check undergraduate student clinical requirements and assist in clearing students for clinical each semester which includes correspondence with students to aid them in this process. E-mail faculty and Clinical Affiliations Coordinator when as student has fallen out of compliance. Send out reminder announcements on Blackboard for clearance deadlines. Hold clinical clearance help sessions prior to clearance deadlines, as needed. Send clinical lists to adjuncts upon request.
- For the Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters, prepare and send clearance attestation and flu vaccination documents to clinical sites.
- Serve as back-up for graduate clinical clearances. Prepare and post clinical placement lists on Blackboard. Coordinate collection of student clinical evaluation forms each semester. Prepare schedule grids, which are posted throughout CON building each semester.
- Support undergraduate faculty by typing course-related materials such as syllabi, quizzes, exams, etc. Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries. Create tables and charts as required. Make copies. Make campus runs as requested.
- Post student notices to Undergraduate Nursing Majors Blackboard site. Prepare correspondence with the Board of Nursing, primarily submission of licensure eligibility lists and letters each semester.
- Serve as department's first point of contact for Blackboard-related questions/issues from faculty and adjuncts; submit parent/child relationships each semester to Blackboard group.
- High School Diploma or GED; organizational, typing and filing skills.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 02/22/2018 to 02/28/2018.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend