Assistant Director, Public Safety - IHSC Nutley
Job no: 493215
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Director, reports directly to the Director of Public Safety. S/he is responsible for providing for the overall safety and security of the Interprofessional Health Science Campus. Under the direction of the Director will supervise and monitor the daily operations of the Interprofessional Health Science Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Director of Public Safety will direct and supervise the daily operations of the Interprofessional Heath Science Campus (I.H.S.C.) while coordinating his efforts with the Director of Facilities for I.H.S.C.
- Ensure all the directives, policies and procedures for the protection of life and property are adhered to in the manner they were intended.
- Review Security Manager, Dispatcher, and contract officer’s performance; make recommendations to the Director for remedial training, personnel scheduling, job performance, counseling or disciplinary action.
- Coordinate coverage for sick calls and call outs of Public Safety personnel.
- Submit security work orders for the necessary repairs that affect the safety of the campus.
- Submit work orders to PC Support on hardware/software issues
- Keep records of all equipment assigned to Public Safety and order additional equipment or maintenance as needed.
- Must be accessible 24/ 7 to the Managers, Dispatchers, and Contract Guard Service Manager as well as for emergencies, policy guidance, and notifications.
- Review and/or revise programs in area of responsibility to ensure compliance of operation with laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures.
- Supervise security coverage for special events.
- Assist with the creation and updating of the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Serve as the Pirate Alert administrator for the I.H.S.C.
- Provide incident reports and crime statistics for the Campus Crime Reporting (Clery Act).
- Represent the Department of Public Safety at all Fire Marshall and Building Manager meetings.
- Supervise Fire Extinguisher Inspection Program by vendor
- Responsible for the over site, crosschecking and processing of all Public Safety billing and invoices.
- Review and approve contract guard services invoices, prior to submitting them for payment.
- Review and approve time cards for Security Managers and Dispatchers as required.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree and/or minimum of 10 years of Law Enforcement, Public Safety or Military experience as well as supervisory or command level experience.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate situations and determine appropriate action or response.
- Must be able to lead and/or work as a team member on projects that will affect the department and University.
- The Assistant Director must maintain a high degree of professionalism, as well as technical knowledge.
- Will be required to be on-call 24/7 to respond or assist with events or policy and procedure situations.
- Must be available during high volume situations such as move in/out, construction projects, etc.
- Have knowledge of managerial techniques and administrative practices. Obtain a moderate knowledge level of principles, practices, procedures and techniques used in Public Safety.
- Ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the Department of Public Safety.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Must have a valid NJ driver's license
- Extensive standing, walking- sometimes; exposure to all weather conditions-sometimes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- On call 24/7 to respond or assist with events or policy and procedure situations. Must be available during high volume situations such as move in/out, construction projects, etc.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend