Clinical Affiliations Coordinator
Job no: 493154
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Clinical Affiliations Coordinator is a full-time 12 month administrative position, appointed by the Dean of the College of Nursing and reports to the Assistant Dean for Business Affairs. The Clinical Affiliations Coordinator is responsible for the management of all clinical affiliations for undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Nursing in collaboration with the undergraduate and graduate chairpersons and program directors. Responsible for the annual evaluation of all clinical affiliations, attendance at clinical site meetings, as well as site visits to all affiliated agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as official contact for all clinical affiliations. Requests and secures all clinical sites for all semesters. Maintains positive relationships with clinical agency affiliate contacts. Maintains database of all agency affiliations with listing by unit and College of Nursing courses over the semester. In collaborations with faculty, facilitates diverse and appropriate clinical placements based on course and program needs. Attends all on site clinical agency meetings as required and disseminates relevant information to College of Nursing faculty, staff, and students. Communicates information regarding clinical placements to chairpersons, program directors and designated faculty. Confirms clinical placements of students with clinical agencies and preceptors. Communicate any agency-specific requirements to faculty.
- Validates full-time, part-time and adjunct clinical faculty compliance with agency requirements. Reports all student and/or faculty incidents or concerns related to the clinical agency to the responsible department chairpersons, program directors and the Dean. Validates student status and assures College of Nursing student clearance compliance for clinical placements. Communicates “cleared student” status to chairpersons, program directors and designated faculty. Manages non compliant clinical students and communicates with affected students and the assigned faculty member.
- Reviews all student and faculty background checks and drug testing returned with adverse findings. Collaborates with agency for clearance. Communicates with the Dean of the College of Nursing as needed.
- Serves as the liaison for agency affiliations and the Assistant Dean for Business Affairs for establishing new contracts, review of current contracts and/or renewals for clinical agency assignments.
- Manages annual agency evaluations including preparation of an annual report, summarizing the findings, and making recommendations to chairpersons and program directors. Seeks annual feedback from adjunct clinical faculty on their experience as clinical instructors. Makes recommendations to department chairs.
- Collaborate with chairpersons and program directors in planning and scheduling adjunct faculty orientation. Reviews and revises adjunct handbook based on clinical affiliation requirements.
- Bachelors Degree is required. 1-3 years of experience in higher education with work on clinical clearance data or other related area is required.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend