Secretary, Alumni Relations
Job no: 493140
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Alumni Relations Secretary performs a variety of secretarial services and provides administrative support within a department, division or office. Assists with coordination of various clerical activities and projects assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Composes routine correspondence. Transcribes and/or types from handwritten drafts, various correspondence, and reports. Responsible for adherence to proper standards of writing. Handles mass mailings to large numbers of alumni. Maintains confidential correspondence and other files.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities. Answers telephone calls for the office and maintains a schedule of appointments and the daily engagement calendar of the department personnel.
- Maintains and updates office supplies. Ensures an adequate level of supplies for the department.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Completes purchase orders, check requests and other University forms and maintains logs of same.
- Reviews, sorts, and routes incoming correspondence and mail. Assists in the establishment of office/clerical procedures.
- Handles administrators' travel and expense and credit card statements.
- Performs a wide variety of Alumni Relations' specific duties including: Runs queries and reports using the alumni database; handles alumni requests for alumni cards, license plates and e-mail for life, including setting up new accounts, processing paperwork and following up with alumni to ensure they receive what they requested.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 1-3 years post high school of clerical experience supporting multiple individuals in an office environment.
- Associate Degree in non profit, business or similar degree preferred.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 11/15/2017 through 11/21/2017.
- Please provide names and contact information for at least 3 professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend