Human Resources Assistant
Job no: 493112
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The HR Assistant provides the first level of customer service to all visitors to the Human Resources Office. Answers telephones and screens calls, responds to mail, telephone and in-person inquiries. Maintains and updates personnel and benefits records and files. Assists with the distribution of salary payment forms and reviews new employee paperwork for accuracy and completeness. Assists with inputting new hire data in Banner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides the first level of customer service to all visitors to the Human Resources Office.
- Answers telephones and screens calls, distributes correspondence.
- Maintains and updates personnel and benefits files for active and terminated employees.
- Scans and codes files in Banner Document Management System (Xtender).
- Archives files according to departmental guidelines.
- Coordinates documentation for newly hired employees and faculty members.
- Reviews PDF and W-4 forms, ensures that all documents required by the Budget and Payroll Departments are forwarded and completed in a timely manner.
- Forwards salary payment forms to the respective areas (within HR) for their review and processing.
- Inputs personnel information (bio/demographic) for new hires into the Banner HR/Payroll system.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the Human Resources Office.
- Provides clerical assistance to the various areas within Human Resources.
- High School diploma required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with high volume phones and walk-in traffic.
- Proven customer service skills.
- 1-3 years work experience in HR or related field.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Some college preferred.
- Experience with I-9s.
- Work experience with HRIS and scanning software.
- Experience composing memos and letters in response to requests for information.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend