ROTC MARKETING INTERN - ROTC - 2017/2018
Job no: 493088
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
• Updates Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from ROTC training, tabling, and other cadet/cadre events.
• Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions regarding the ROTC program at SHU.
• Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content from ROTC training, tabling, and other cadet/cadre events.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Maintains current information in Google+ and LinkedIn accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Takes pictures and videos of ROTC training, tabling and other cadet/cadre events to be developed into content for the SHU ROTC website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
• Uploads SHU ROTC photos and videos to the appropriate server or cloud account. • Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of other ROTC school sites researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
• Completes other research projects as assigned.
Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo‐editing and video‐editing software, and internet browsers.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
• Available to attend ROTC training, tabling and other cadet/cadre events (within the available work hours).
• Available to work 17 to 20 hours per week.
• Marketing, public Relations or Communication major’s preferred.
• ROTC will provide transportation to any ROTC training, tabling and cadet/cadre event.
• Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a wide range of personalities.
• Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in a start-up environment.
• This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, education, community relations, and audience development.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend