Bursar's Office Representative
Job no: 493085
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Bursar's Office Representative is primarily responsible for providing customer service to students and their families in the Bursar's Office. This includes explanations of bills, knowledge of financial aid processes, and payment plans. Requires adept handling of sensitive situations and a high expectation of customer service. Also responsible for receiving payments for student tuition, departmental deposits, posting of outside scholarships, and data entry of deposit information utilizing the TouchNet cashiering system and Banner programs. Daily responsibilities also include handling of all inquiries for Federal Perkins Loan, working with a third party Perkins Loan Servicer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize cashiering software and student information systems to complete miscellaneous transactions such as: processing cash and checks for student accounts, third party payments, online payments, departmental deposits, nightly cashiering close process, daily bank cash deposit.
- Provide individual customer service to answer student questions regarding account activity including account payments, balances, reconcilations, corrections to student's accounts, 1098T and tax reporting inquiries, and repayment and reconcilation if Federal Perkins Loans. Exceptional verbal and written customer service skills required.
- Assist students, families, and departmental personel with inquiries in person, over the phone, and via email. Ability to multi-task while seating in a high-volume customer service area and perform each job duty thoroughly. Requires skill in prioritizing and organization.
- First point of contact for all Federal Perkins Loan repayment inquiries. Act is liaison between students and third party Perkins Loan Servicer ECSI. Reconcile bills from various collection agencies to our Perkins Loan accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years of higher education experience or other related area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- 3-5 years experience in student services or higher education.
- Working knowledge of Federal Perkins loan program. Knowledge of Excel, Banner, TouchNet, or student information systems.
- Associates degree in related field is preferred but not required.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position, only Local 153 members may apply between 09/08/2017 to 09/14/2017.
- Instructions for Writing Sample: Please provide a brief reply (no more than one paragraph) to a student inquiring about their Bursar account. Upon reviewing the account you see that the student has a large balance causing financial holds. Students are not allowed to register for classes until their accounts are paid in full.
I received an email that I have financial holds on my account and cannot register for classes. Please lift my holds as soon as possible so I can register.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend