Community Engagement/Academic Services Administrator
Job no: 493084
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Community Engagement/Academic Services position involves oversight of the School of Medicine's student pipeline and partnership programs which are designed to enhance diversity of its applicant pool and medical class. The position is housed in the School's Office of Diversity and Equity, where the successful candidate will report to, and work closely with, the Associate Dean (of Diversity and Equity) and join a dynamic team who share the mission-driven commitment to inclusion within faculty, student, and administrative ranks. These programs are critical in that they foster health equity by reducing barriers associated with compromised social, economic, and physical well-being determinants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage/coordinate School of Medicine’s established and newly launched pipeline programs. Position involves strategic planning and goal setting. Individual selected will work closely with Associate Dean of Diversity and Equity and will supervise office's administrative support staff.
- Work closely with regional high schools and colleges through targeted outreach to create, maintain, and grow such programs.
- Attend national recruitment meetings to raise awareness of opportunities at the University/School.
- Assist in the design, and assure updating of School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity and Equity webpages.
- Oversee mentoring/tutoring support efforts and tracking of students in School’s post-baccalaureate program.
- Assist faculty identify grant opportunities and provide requisite diversity/equity data.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience working collaboratively with faculty and senior academic administrators is required.
- Experience working across diverse communities a must.
- Requirement to problem solve and analyze information from various perspectives.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and progressive sensitivity.
- Established ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Familiarity with computers/common office software programs a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish.
- Ability to work efficiently, producing quality work and streamlined processes
- Understanding of pipeline/partnerships desirable.
- General office environment
- Driving to various locations across state is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend