Systems Administrator, SharePoint Specialist
Job no: 493077
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position supports the Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure for the University with primary responsibility for Microsoft SharePoint Online, Windows Server 2012/2016, and related services located both on premise and hosted remotely. SharePoint Online technology has been deployed for document storage, group collaboration, and electronic workflow services. This position also supports Microsoft SQL Server technology, which provides the database component of various applications at the University including Banner Xtender document management, The Raiser's Edge donor management, and Uniprint printer cost recovery.
Technical responsibilities of this position include architecture recommendations, implementation and integration, process automation, performance analysis, security review, capacity management, upgrade planning, and problem resolution for end-to-end service components. Components include server hardware, SharePoint Online, Windows Server and SQL Server software, and ancillary systems such as backup, archiving, and compliance tools. Support responsibilities include regular operation, log monitoring, maintenance, account administration, access review, second level end user support, creation of documentation and training materials, change coordination, and investigation of security incidents.
In addition to specific support of Microsoft systems and services, this position shares joint responsibilities of the Systems Support group including rotating on-call duty for 7x24 response to system faults, service threats, and urgent support requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- SharePoint Online and Windows Server system operation and maintenance - Develop and perform procedures for regular maintenance including periodic review and analysis of logs, capacity and performance metrics, and security status. Ensure system monitoring 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and respond to service threats in a timely manner. Test and apply software patches.
- Account management and user support - Provision and manage individual and departmental resources including SharePoint Online sites, web parts and calendars. Respond to daily user requests and problem reports. Process authorized access change requests and perform regular entitlement reviews. Provide documentation, second-level support, and expert consultation to end users and technical support colleagues.
- System development and improvement - Investigate, evaluate and test new software releases and products to keep pace with technology advancement and better achieve organizational goals. Automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks. Introduce changes and standards to optimize performance, service availability and resource utilization.
- Windows Server Projects - Analyze, plan, install and integrate new Windows based application systems and provide expert support through all stages of the server life-cycle.
- Shared systems administration responsibilities - Participate in on-call rotation for general systems support and other duties as assigned. Contribute to integration, central management and procedural improvement efforts to maintain and enhance the systems environment.
- System operation and maintenance - Develop and perform procedures for regular maintenance including periodic review and analysis of logs, capacity and performance metrics, and security status. Ensure system monitoring 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and respond to service threats in a timely manner. Test and apply software patches.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of experience in system administration is required. Eight or more years of progressively complex experience in system administration may substitute for the degree.
- Microsoft certification is required, e.g. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Windows Server 2012 or 2016
- Powershell expertise
- Microsoft Azure Certified: Microsoft Intune
- Amazon Web Services AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Amazon Web Services AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Professional
- Amazon Web Services AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Amazon Web Services AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- SAML SSO implementation
- IAM solutions
Licenses and Certificates:
- MCSA or MCSE Windows Server 2012 or 2016
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend