Job no: 493058
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Under the direction of the Bursar, works directly with the University's third-party billing servicer to ensure maximum collection efforts are made on the Perkins and Nursing loan portfolios. Monitor all outstanding loan receivables, performing due diligence while collecting payments to obtain maximum cash flow and low default rates. This position will also support the Student Account Receivables portfolio for non-registered students and is in charge of the write-off and recovery processes to third-party collections agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect payments on delinquent Student Accounts.
- Inform students of overdue accounts, amount currently owed, and attention needed to financial aid matters; establish and maintain payment plan arrangements.
- Assist former students in resolving financial issues and, when possible, their return to Seton Hall University.
Determine accounts to be written off as a bad debt and send to a collection agency for further action. Work with collection agencies on written off accounts.
- Follow-up with collection agency to discuss progress of collection efforts and to ensure proper account maintenance.
- Maintain student loan files adhering to prescribed retention schedule.
- Maintain correct loan servicer information and review monthly reports including most recent contact information (address and phone number), manage cohort default rate, etc.
- Perform reconciliations and analyze reconciliation data for meaningful conclusions and reasonableness.
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years of increasingly responsible accounts receivable work (may be in combination with accounting duties) is required.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex accounts receivable or other related work may substitute for the degree.
- Previous experience in a higher education environment highly desirable.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend