Senior Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 493056
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Senior Assistant Athletic Trainer provides care, treatment and rehabilitation for all athletic injuries sustained by all Seton Hall University student athletes. He/She will assist the Director of Sports Medicine with oversight of all facets of athletic training including, but not limited to: direct athletic training duties and travel with assigned teams, liaison between physicians, specialty physicians, parents, coaches and administrators. The position will assist with supply and equipment budget and inventory for the athletic training room, organize yearly certifications of equipment and proper maintenance of all equipment, oversee athletic training students, drug testing of the student-athletes, physician clinic management, and proper medical documentation and oversee the athletic training clinic when the Director of Sports Medicine is out of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee insurance procedures for all student athletes, including: review of bills, explanations of benefits, and invoices. Constant communication with insurance adjusters, provider billing departments, and patients.
- Provide primary direct athletic training duties for Seton Hall University Women's Basketball, in addition to ancillary care for all other Seton Hall University athletic teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine. Duties include, but are not limited to: injury and illness evaluation, rehabilitation, practice coverage, game coverage, and travel in order to protect against injury and care for student-athletes. Assist the Director of Sports Medicine with daily clinical duties and coverage of the athletic training room. Sport assignment may change at the discretion of the Director of Sports Medicine.
- Maintain accurate medical records and treatment logs when developing individual treatment protocols and rehabilitation programs. Communicate with physicians, Director of Sports Medicine, athletic administrators, coaches, strength and conditioning specialists, and all other support staff, regarding an athlete's injury and illness. Schedule medical appointments for student-athletes.
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff of three assistant athletic trainers. In collaboration with the Director of Sports Medicine, work with assistant athletic trainers to define department goals and priorities, establish means to achieve objectives, and routinely meet to review performance and provide feedback on their professional development.
- Provide clinical instruction for athletic training students in the School of Health and Medical Sciences Master of Science in Athletic Training program.
- Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 years of experience working in collegiate athletic training.
Licenses and Certificates:
- New Jersey State Athletic Trainer Licensure, NATABOC Certification, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification
- Often: Vision/hearing abilities, Heavy lifting/carrying, Extensive standing walking, exposure to hazardous material, stretching/demonstrating exercises.
- Sometimes: Exposure to all weather conditions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend