Secretary, Athletics and Recreational Services
Job no: 493013
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Secretary, Athletics and Recreational Services position is responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics and Recreational Services in the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Department. Additionally, this position will assist the Senior Associate Athletics Director with travel operations for all 14 varsity programs. Finally, the position will be responsible for assisting the Athletics Senior Staff in areas of compliance, business affairs, team operations and game management including the coordination, set-up, and breakdown of home athletic events. The candidate should show a willingness to maintain and advance their career in the sports industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Athletics Director with the day-to-day operations of the Athletics and Recreation Center including acting as a liaison for the A.D. when working with other members of the athletics department and members of the University community, including the President’s Office and Board of Regents, as well as the media. This includes scheduling meetings and travel arrangements for the Athletics Director. Additionally, this position is responsible for compiling and editing information for quarterly reports which highlight the advancement of the department.
- Assist with the travel operations of the 14 varsity sports. This includes scheduling buses, planes, trains, and hotels. Additional support includes gathering and providing rooming lists to hotels, preparing travel meal forms, preparing travel itineraries, gathering and providing flight manifest names to airlines, reserving hotel rooms and transportation for prospective student-athletes and parents, and revising flight or other travel plans at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances.
- This position assists the Senior Staff in NCAA Compliance, Fundraising/Development, and Business Operation areas with duties including, but not limited to, the following: communications, correspondence and administrative support of new and on-going projects. In addition, this position assists the Facilities Management staff with game day and event management logistics including the set-up and breakdown of home athletics events. Working on weekends, evenings, and holidays is expected.
- Order supplies for the department and maintain office equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- 1-3 years experience working in a college athletics department.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 08/01/2017 to 08/07/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend