Post-Doctoral Associate - Chemistry
Job no: 494289
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Externally funded, pending funds approval, post-doctoral position in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The objective of the work is the design of fluorinated materials, chemically and photochemically suited for the aerobic oxidation of selected organic substrates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesis of supported fluorinated organic ligands and their metal complexes, elucidation of their spectroscopy, chemical and photochemical catalytic oxidations pathways, polymer composites reactivity. Writing periodic research reports, manuscripts for publication, cooperate with students and faculty.
- Doctoral degree – Field of study: Chemistry or Materials Science. Demonstrated productivity and dependability.
- Capacity to work as part of a team, and demonstrated ability to deliver under the constraints of a strict time frame.
Licenses and Certificates:
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This position is dependent on Grant funding and will not be filled until the funding has been awarded to Seton Hall University.
- Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
- To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter (with expected date of availability), curriculum vitae with a full publication list and employment history, one-page statement of research interests, all in PDF format.
- The names and email addresses of at least three referees.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend