Adjunct Instructor, Journalism
Job no: 494950
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The College of Communication and the Arts at Seton Hall University is seeking adjunct instructors for undergraduate, on campus, in person courses in the Journalism program. One course of particular interest is Writing for the Media, an introductory course focused on news writing, public relations writing, and reporting.
Seton Hall University is located in South Orange, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. It is the oldest Catholic diocesan institution of higher education in the United States. It is home to approximately 6,300 undergraduate and 4,700 graduate students from all 50 states and more than 60 foreign countries. An exciting and culturally diverse community, Seton Hall pursues academic excellence and ethical development in a collaborative environment and prepares its students to be servant leaders in their professional and community lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach up to two sections of courses, as assigned. Course schedules vary with sections meeting either once or twice per week.
- For additional information about the B.A. in Journalism program, visit https://www.shu.edu/academics/ba-journalism.cfm
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Work experience in journalism/media/communications
- A graduate degree that includes at least 18 credit-hours of relevant coursework
FA01 - Faculty
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include electronic submission of your cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, summary of teaching evaluations, sample syllabi, unofficial transcripts for postsecondary coursework, and three professional/academic references.
Questions about the position may be directed via email to Dr. Matthew Pressman, at email@example.com.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend