Adjunct Instructor, Foundations, Art & Design
Job no: 494734
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The College of Communication and the Arts of Seton Hall University invites applications for part-time adjunct instructors to teach in our on-campus Art, Design and Interactive Multimedia program. The College seeks to engage individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Seton Hall University is located in South Orange, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. It is the oldest Catholic diocesan institution of higher education in the United States. It is home to approximately 6,300 undergraduate and 4,700 graduate students from all 50 states and more than 60 foreign countries. An exciting and culturally diverse community, Seton Hall pursues academic excellence and ethical development in a collaborative environment and prepares its students to be servant leaders in their professional and community lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach up to two courses per semester
- Generally each class meets once a week for 2.5 hours
- For additional information about the program, visit https://www.shu.edu/academics/ba-art-design.cfm
- Expertise and ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: drawing, watercolor, sculpture, digital photography, 2D design and color, graphic design and advertising, animation, 3D computer graphics, and game design
- Earned graduate degree in visual art or design
Licenses and Certificates:
- A minimum of two years teaching experience at the college level
- Earned terminal degree in visual art or design
- General studio classroom environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with contact information: address, phone number, and email address
- Samples of current artwork
- Samples of student artwork
- If contacted for an interview, please be prepared to share sample syllabi, professional work, and student work.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend