Faculty/Interprofessional Health Sciences
Job no: 494948
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
The School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University invites applications for a new, twelve-month, Associate Professor/Professor rank faculty position in the Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration’s PhD in Health Sciences position beginning July 1, 2022, subject to budgetary provisions.
The School of Health and Medical Sciences at Seton Hall University has a significant national presence in health science education. In response to a changing healthcare environment, the School has assumed a leadership role in offering high quality, innovative programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. The School of Health and Medical Sciences offers opportunities for collaborative research, teaching, and grantsmanship across several disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualifications for the position include an academic doctorate (PhD -preferred, or EdD) in Health Sciences or a closely related field. This interprofessional health scientist position will support one or more of the current specialization tracks in the PhD in Health Sciences program: health care leadership, movement science, and speech language pathology and the development of future specializations. This interprofessional health scientist may work with undergraduate and clinical graduate students and faculty in an interprofessional collaborative manner. Expected qualifications also include a strong record of scholarship, academic teaching experience and effectiveness, and essential interprofessional skills.
- Responsibilities include teaching on-campus and online graduate courses, conducting research, applying for grants, mentoring, and advising graduate students, dissertation committee leadership and participating on committees at the department, school, and university levels.
- Qualifications for the position include an academic doctorate (PhD -preferred, or EdD) in Health Sciences or a closely related field.
- Expected qualifications also include a strong record of scholarship, academic teaching experience and effectiveness, and essential interprofessional skills.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Salary and benefits are competitive and include tuition remission for spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references.
- The cover letter should address the applicant’s qualifications for the position and his/her philosophy for achieving specific goals regarding student mentorship, teaching and scholarship. After the initial screening, candidates may be subsequently asked to supply additional materials. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend