Adjunct Instructor, Communication
Job no: 494801
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The College of Communication and the Arts at Seton Hall University is seeking adjunct instructors for undergraduate, on campus, in person, online and hybrid delivered communication courses in the Communication program. Courses of particular interest are Communication Ethics, Persuasive Speaking, Public Presentational Speaking, and Organizational Communication.
Seton Hall University is located in South Orange, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. It is the oldest Catholic diocesan institution of higher education in the United States. It is home to approximately 6,300 undergraduate and 4,700 graduate students from all 50 states and more than 60 foreign countries. An exciting and culturally diverse community, Seton Hall pursues academic excellence and ethical development in a collaborative environment and prepares its students to be servant leaders in their professional and community lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach up to two sections of communication courses, as assigned. Course schedules vary with sections meeting either once or twice per week, online or in a hybrid format.
- For additional information about the B.A. in Communication program, visit https://www.shu.edu/academics/ba-communication.cfm
- Master’s degree in Communication
- Relevant experience in instructional settings and delivery systems
- PhD in Communication
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education
- Experience teaching in online and hybrid environments
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please include electronic submission of your cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, summary of teaching evaluations, sample syllabi, and unofficial transcripts for postsecondary coursework.
- Questions about the position may be directed via email to the department chair, Dr. Renee Robinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend