Job no: 494173
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Associate Registrar provides effective management and leadership within the Office of the Registrar. The Associate Registrar will work closely with the University Registrar to configure and implement academic and student records policies, procedures and initiatives that support the objectives of the University, compliance with internal and external policies, and the strategic plan of the University while providing outstanding customer service to students, staff, faculty and other internal/external constituents. This is a hands-on position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the staff and services related to academic and student records including transfer credit evaluation/articulation, enrollment verification, transcripts and degree evaluation.
- Oversee end of term processing activities including grade submission by faculty, analysis of repeated course work and generation of dean’s lists and probation reports.
- Maintain validation and rule tables related to student records.
- Maintain the coding of the University degree audit system. Strategize optimal ways to code requirements so that curriculum adjustments are effectively processed. Conceptualize, test and implement solutions to complex curricular structures. Monitor the data entry of program changes and curriculum adjustments for students. Respond to inquiries regarding degree eligibility issues from departments and students.
- Update Catalog module to ensure course equivalents and attributes are assigned in the course inventory.
- Utilize Banner Workflow functionality to improve and automate processes. Oversee workflow processes related to grade changes, student updates to majors/minors/concentrations and graduation approvals.
- Assist with the management, modification, testing and /or refinement of the University's Ellucian Banner modules.
- Assist in the logistical planning for graduation related activities including academic attire distribution, Academic Awards and the Baccalaureate graduation ceremony.
- Assist in resolving system and customer service issues pertaining to student records and registration. Provide exemplary service to students, faculty and staff by adhering to our customer service principles and acting expeditiously and proactively.
- Ensure effective communication of policies, procedures, and students’ rights and responsibilities in a helpful, considerate and timely manner. Continuously review website and other communications for clarity and simplicity.
- Represent the University Registrar in meetings, committees, seminars, and workshops as needed
- Assist the University Registrar on special projects
- Maintain compliance with FERPA, federal and New Jersey regulations and university policies.
- Support a work environment that promotes mutual collaboration and continuous learning and development of all members.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5-7 years of experience working as an Assistant or Associate Registrar with progressively expanding responsibilities in student record management.
- Experience using student information systems. Preferably Banner Ellucian.
* Strong technical proficiency and proven record of utilizing systems to innovate and automate or enhance processes
- Customer service minded and highly responsive leadership and management style.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven management and mentoring skills and experience working with professional and support staff to implement and execute new initiatives and operations.
- Excellent professional demeanor; listening, communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students and the general public
- Strong work ethic and strong teamwork skills.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend