Job no: 494142
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The primary role of the Program Manager is to manage the general operations of the Sister Rose Thering Fund (SRTF) Office in support of the mission and objectives of the Fund as identified by the SRTF Board of Trustees. These include administration of all aspects of the scholarship program from application through financial award processing; coordination and project management of solicitations, fundraising events, programs and initiatives; teacher recruitment and promotion of SRTF to New Jersey educators; financial accounting of all income and expenses including reconciliation of all associated funds; management of donor records through Raiser's Edge and donor stewardship and acknowledgement; advancing the mission of the Fund working with SHU public relations including website, e-mail and other media communication with constituencies; development of semester course brochures; administrative support of Board meetings including notifications, calendar maintenance, minutes, maintaining Board candidate files; working with SRTF Board subcommittees to accomplish annual projects; working with and in support of the Board Officers on any initiatives, ideas or concerns and acting as a liaison to the SHU organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scholarship Program Management: Manage all aspects of the SRTF scholarship application and award process including the announcement and promotion of the program to all New Jersey teachers and educators through the New Jersey Commission for Holocaust Education communication channels to schools. Track applications, submit applicant packages to Scholarship Committee for evaluation, compile evaluation results, assess funding availability, notify applicants of award. Prepare and submit accounting transaction for transfer of funds to student accounts. Maintain database records of teacher-scholars and awards. Provide ongoing communication with SRTF teacher scholars.
- SRTF Events and Programs: Project manage various events and programs over the course of the year including annual lecture, essay competition, reception for scholarship recipients and donors and essay winners. annual Evening of Roses Gala and other programs as implemented. Event support includes working with Committee Chairs and members to organize event/program; preparing promotional materials including design, print, mailing; engaging speakers, reserving event space, catering orders, technology and rental needs, space requirements, security, photography. Manage event registration and engage volunteers. Manage the income and journal ads for major fundraiser, provide support to donors; provide weekly revenue reporting, manage expenses, handle ticket sales and seating. Create, compile and manage design, printing and mailing of annual 12-page newsletter.
- Advancement: Assist with all aspects of donor engagement and the development of advancement plans to increase SRTF annual fundraising goals. Manage all donor solicitations including the design and creation of solicitation materials (letters, brochures, postcards, campaigns, etc.) and work with graphic designers, printers and mail houses for distribution of campaign. Process donations received in SRTF Office and Utilize Raiser's Edge to monitor donations and event participation, provide reports to Treasurer, obtain solicitation lists and donor acknowledgements. Work with University Advancement Management to develop SRTF fundraising plans, major gift support, prospective donor solicitation, legacy gifts, implementation of donation web pages for SRTF. Match sponsored scholarship donors with teacher-scholars, and invite donors to annual scholarship presentation reception in spring. Compile and prepare annual grant proposal package to Holocaust education supporting foundation.
- General Board Support: Attend all monthly Board meetings, provide meeting minutes, attendance recording, agenda preparation, meeting notification to trustees, Board directory maintenance, ongoing communication. Maintain regular and ongoing communication with Board Officers on all matters affecting SRTF and act as liaison to SHU organizations as needed. Provide administrative support, sub-committee meetings, annual planning meetings or other meetings involving Board members. Maintain SRTF office files and records. Identify and communicate issues or other relevant activities to Board leadership and Executive Director.
- Budget and Finances: Process all invoices to ensure timely payment to vendors. Track all expenses and income by fund and program or appeal. Reconcile income and expenses at the end of the fiscal year based on SHU accounting reports. Provide income and expense reports to Board Treasurer on monthly basis. Identify opportunities for reducing expenses or cutting costs through competitive bidding or other means.
- PR & Marketing: Work with SHU PR & Marketing to develop plans to promote SRTF scholarship program and other annual programs and events using appropriate media channels. Work with PR to create the printed course brochure each semester and the online brochure for the website. Provide updates for SRTF website. Provide e-mail marketing using iContact to various e-mail lists.
- Bachelor's degree in Religious Study
- 1-3 years advancement experience, running events, fundraising, scholarship management experience
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend