Assistant Director, Programming and Student Development
Job no: 493659
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
As a member of the central management team for the department the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life (Programming and Student Development) works collaboratively to support the strategic goals and Catholic mission of the University. He/she is responsible for providing supervision to two Residence Hall Directors who support 1200 resident students in the first year area. He/she serves as liaison for student discipline within area of responsibility and as a hearing or appeal officer as needed. He/she assumes the guidance and leadership for the summer conferences and summer school programs. He/she will be responsible for the coordination and development of the programmatic residential experience including first 56 days, programming assessment, digital advertising. He/she will create and manage the residential campus wide programming calendar. He/she will work with other departmental colleagues in the development and completion of campus wide residential programs. He/she will collaborate with campus partners (SGA, SAB, Greek Life, Campus Ministries, Dove, Career Center, CAPS, etc) in the development and support of residential programs. Due to the nature of the position, he/she must be willing and able to work non-standard hours as a requirement for work related commitments which could include a focus on evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises two residence hall directors and provides direction for the residential education program for the first year on-campus resident population of over 1200 students, including meeting with staff on a weekly basis, meeting with the First Year Area monthly, and oversight of the honors, Gen 1 and business leadership programs. He/she is responsible for conducting performance appraisals on an annual basis, and holding Residence Hall Directors and Residence Coordinators accountable for responsibilities and expectations.
- He/she will coordinate all large scale on campus residential programming including First 56 days, Fall at the Hall, and Weekend and Late Night Programming. He/she will be responsible for the coordination and development of the programmatic residential experience including first 56 days, programming assessment, digital advertising. He/she will supervise the production of a weekly events calendar advertising the programming initiative offered by Housing and Residence Life. He/she will work with other departmental colleagues in the development and completion of campus wide residential programs. He/she will collaborate with campus partners (SGA, SAB, Greek Life, Campus Ministries, Dove, Career Center, CAPS, etc) in the development and support of residential programs. Assist the RAs and Professional Staff in developing and implementing student programs with a focus on identifying student needs and interests through residential campus assessment.
3. Hall Leadership and Advisement
- He/she will continue the growth and development of the Resident Student Association by coordinating bi-weekly executive board meetings.
- He/she will be the point person for the OCM (On Campus Marketing) initiatives.
- He/she will work in collaboration with the Residence Coordinators in the oversight and advisement of the Hall Council program.
4. Departmental Planning
- Participates in departmental policy development, goal implementation, and strategic planning, including leadership of departmental task team(s) annually.
- Masters Degree in student affairs, higher education administration, social work, conflict resolution, or related field and three years of professional-level experience.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend