Job no: 496131
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position coordinates academic records services for graduate students, including curriculum changes, program adjustments, transfer credits, transcript text, registrations, grade changes, coding of degree requirements, examination and doctoral defense results, degree candidacy and the award of doctoral degrees. The Assistant Registrar also responds to inquiries regarding academic records and policies from internal and external parties. This position has responsibility for the diploma order process and for the creation and maintenance of related files and records. Additionally, the Assistant Registrar assists and supports registrar operations and events, including Commencement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Updates graduate student academic records in Banner with curriculum changes, transfer credits, transcript notations, program waivers and substitutions, grade changes, examination and doctoral defense results. Manages the process of online Application or Graduate Degree and related workflow process for degree candidacy and the award of graduate degrees. Coordinates update of degree requirements within system. Maintains all related files and coordinates the scanning of these records. A related responsibility is the communication with degree candidates and academic departments regarding degree and records issues.
Responsible for the degree order process. This includes the production of the diploma file for the current year and requests for replacement diplomas. Maintains all related files.
Serves as a resource to respond to requests for information both within and outside the University. This includes responses to questions regarding academic and policy issues from students and other departments.
Coordinates the flow of data from the admissions module to the student records module for those students with a previous active record.
Assists with processing course catalog and schedule updates.
Maintains time status updates for students pursuing internships and/or completing thesis requirements
Assists and supports all registrarial operations, activities and events. Assists in pre-commencement and commencement activities.
Bachelor’s degree required; 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience in a Registrar’s office, preferably working with graduate records.
- Superior technical skills required for workflow and coding responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects with efficiency and accuracy while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Student Records component of the Banner system.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Strong commitment to student service.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Technical expertise to manage online processes and workflow operations.
- Ability to work collegially and productively with others in group projects to complete projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to research and resolve problems and issues regarding academic records and degree eligibility issues. Familiarity with Degree Works.
- Excellent command of language in both oral and written form.
- Ability to use Word to communicate clearly and effectively regarding academic records and degree eligibility issues.
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets and to manipulate data therein.
AD160 - Administrative
Physical Demands: General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend