Job no: 496008
Full time/Part time: Full-time
This position will be responsible for supporting faculty members within the School of Law. The secretary will work closely with an assigned group of 7-10 full-time faculty and provide administrative assistance including but not limited to: creating and formatting work documents, preparation of expense reports, entering student attendance, scanning and copying. Additionally, the position will support an assigned Committee and the Committee Chair in all administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist assigned full-time Faculty and adjuncts with the following non-exhaustive list of tasks:
• Assistance with creating and formatting work documents including office memos, articles, class materials, and seating charts.
• Building quizzes and other content in Canvas or the chosen learning management software.
• Preparation of expense reports or other required administrative reports such as monthly credit card reconciliation.
• Entering student attendance into Compass or other applicable administrative systems.
• Assist with the procurement of office supplies
2. Assist an assigned Committee and Committee Chair with the following non-exhaustive list of tasks:
• Schedule/coordinate all meetings
• Correspond with external vendors and constituents
• Coordinate logistics of travel, handling reimbursements, and preparing/reserving room space
3. Provided administrative support as needed for various special projects/reports.
4. Participate in Law School events and attend meetings. Other tasks across multiple departments within the Law School as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional environment demonstrating strong organization and communication skills, the ability to work independently and effectively, and extensive data processing skills. Must possess ability to work with numbers in preparing budgets, expense sheets, check requisitions and reconciliations.
Staff Union (Local 153) - SU17.0
Physical Demands: General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend