Job no: 495965
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Staff - Information Technology & Libraries
This position works with the Acquisitions and Collections Librarian in coordinating the activities of Acquisitions as a department. This includes: maintaining a smooth workflow; supervision of one-half staff and coordination with both Supervisors of that position; supervision of 2-4 student workers; receive, create and process orders for materials lease or purchase for the Libraries' physical and electronic collections; maintain the financial and acquisitions subsystems of the library management system (orders, funds, encumbrances, etc.); maintain the quality control of records chosen for Acquisitions and Cataloging purposes; work as part of Acquisitions/Cataloging and records enhancement as assigned and appropriate, participate in acquisition and management of electronic resources ; prepare and process invoices for payment; choose vendors and maintain good working relationships with same; maintain and reconcile records of credit card payments; research and process orders -- including rush items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all activities for the Acquisitions dept., maintaining a smooth workflow. Select appropriate vendors for purchases and maintain working relationships with both purchasing and lease vendors. Process orders and invoices efficiently and in a timely manner and assist in the efficient flow of materials and digital resources to Seton Hall users utilizing web-based tools and resources and the library management system. Select and/or enhance the best appropriate records for Cataloging quality purposes. Participate in acquisition and management of electronic resources, including streaming video and ebooks. Provide training and maintain current skills and efficiencies; schedule staff and student workers as needed. Maintain and reconcile records of credit card payments; research and process orders -- including rush items. Assign fund codes and track payments through the University process; create and submit purchase order requests as needed. Resolve any shipping, billing, invoicing related problems.
- Maintain statistics of the Libraries' expenditures for internal and external reporting and for preparation of annual reports. Perform routine maintenance of Libraries funds and expenditure records and data in the library management system to ensure accurate accounts and reporting.
- Maintain excellent communication with vendors, faculty, library, and external offices. Contact specialized vendors as the Libraries develop its purchased and leased collections. Work closely with vendors and the University's procurement department to ensure that POs are assigned as needed, invoices are paid by the University in a timely manner to avoid finance charges, and vendors are notified of any payment delays. Communicate with University faculty regarding purchase requests, including electronic and international purchases. Participate in gift material workflow including tracking receipt and processing of items, maintaining statistics, and ensuring donor acknowledgements are processed.
- Supervise and guide dept. staff and student workers in an efficient and effective manner. Provide training on current methods, systems, resources and technologies as appropriate. Track schedules for student workers to ensure their assigned work is properly dispersed.
- Bachelor's degree - Field of study: Open
- 1-3 years experience in library records, library ordering and cataloging processes and funds
- Proficient with using Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed with a good sense of when to draw on the expertise of the
- Ability to maintain collegial relationships across the department, university, and with domestic and international vendors is essential.
- Fast-paced environment requires the ability to evaluate and manage the priority of multiple tasks to ensure acquisition and payment
timelines are met efficiently and effectively.
- High level of understanding of searching databases, vendor websites, library catalogs.
- Ability to evaluate and select metadata records. Ability to perform data analysis or the desire to
learn to do so.
- Integrated Library Systems experience.
- Familiarity with internal fund management/tracking.
Staff Union (Local 153) - SU19.0
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide contact information for 3 professional references.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend