Accounts Payable Manager
Job no: 495609
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for supervising the support staff in the Procurement Department and for assisting the Director in the day-to-day accounts payable and purchasing activities at the University. This position oversees the formulation of policies and directs personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies. Assists in the analysis of the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs. Assist with implementing new purchasing and accounts payable processes and enabling in Banner Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of assigned area including the supervisor of departmental employees. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved in department services and programs. The Manager is the day-to-day contact for the University on purchasing and accounts payable matters.
• Activities include but are not limited to: University vendor relationship management, payment requests management, purchase order and check run processing, daily check positive pay exception review, outstanding check, and virtual processing; supervise journal entry corrections, accruals, and 1099MISC; processing of Requests for Proposal.
• Assist the Department Director to represent the University in negotiating contracts.
• Oversees the formulation of policies and directs personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies. Analyzes the effectiveness of and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs.
• Assists the Director in formulating and implementing policies and procedures and recordkeeping.
• Responsible for ensuring all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
• Ensures that vendors and employees are paid timely and accurately; and ensures that the department stays current with industry best practices.
• Process purchase orders; assist to develop bids and proposals; and invoices reconciliations.
• Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or other appropriate administrator.
Licenses and Certificates:
AD160 - Administrative
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend