Graduate Assistant - Library Research Data Services
Job no: 495553
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Graduate Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assist data services team in data consultations for students and scholars
● Prepare reports for workshops attendance and data consultations
● Assist with administrative tasks such as scheduling classes, updating the RDS website
and blog, coordinating scheduling and paperwork for student research projects
● Create webpage content for data services webpage
● Teach workshops and/or classes
● Help students and scholars to advance their data management and research skill-set
● Create outreach initiatives to promote data services.
● Create flyers and marketing materials for data services.
● Be able to consistently learn new data analysis tools
● Collect and analyze data if needed
● Conduct literature reviews
● Applicant must have a Bachelors degree and be admitted to a program at Seton Hall
University before applying
● Applicant must maintain complete confidentiality of students and scholars data
● Applicant must be familiar with one or more data analysis software (Excel, SPSS, STATA, R, Python, Atlas.ti, ArcGIS, PowerBI, Tableau or other)
● Applicant must have an excellent communication skills
● Applicant must work 20 hours per week following the University Calendar, not the
● Experience teaching, tutoring, training, or mentoring
● Experience with technical writing
● Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
● Experience with statistical analysis.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend