Assistant Dean for JD and Graduate Admissions
Job no: 495542
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Seton Hall University School of Law is seeking an experienced leader to oversee its admissions efforts for its full-time and part-time JD, LLM, MLS, and Graduate Certificate Programs. The Assistant Dean for J.D and Graduate Admissions Management will be charged with devising innovative approaches in furtherance of our commitment to creating a rich and diverse community that enhances student outcomes. The position requires collaboration with a talented team that is primarily responsible for recruitment and counseling of prospective students, review of applications, and administration of scholarship and financial aid resources. It further requires comfort with data-driven problem solving and an understanding of the benefits and limitations of technology in this space. Most importantly, the Assistant Dean should be familiar with the unique challenges of law school recruitment to create a class meeting the Law School’s profile expectations. The end goal is to facilitate a smooth transition from applicant to successful student for all programs, both in-person and online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Dean for J.D. and Graduate Admissions Management performs all of the following tasks:
• Oversees all admissions and recruitment functions for the law school, including in-person and online offerings.
• Works collaboratively with the faculty Admissions and Budget Committees, Dean and Associate Deans, and other Law School departments (including Marketing, Career Services, and Alumni & Development) to develop enrollment models, budgets, applicant yield models, and other analytic tools to establish and meet Law School objectives and goals.
• Supervises both on-site and off-site admissions and marketing personnel.
• Reports regularly on status of admissions efforts to the Dean and Associate Deans
• Directs and participates in all recruitment programming, including on-campus visitation programs, prospective applicant searches and research, and represents the Law School at regional, national and university-sponsored recruitment events.
• Works with the Executive Director of Admissions for Diversity, Access, and Weekend Division to develop and implement special programming and recruitment approaches for target groups necessary to diversify the class.
• Develops and implements candidate evaluation policies and makes final admissions decision on all candidates.
• Implements analytical models to distribute financial aid funds to achieve admissions targets within budget expectations in conjunction with the Dean and Associate Deans.
• Primary liaison with LSAC.
• Administers, analyzes and communicates policies, procedures, and regulations necessary for ensuring compliance with ABA, University, and federal and state financial aid policies.
• Collaborates with the Director of Communications to produce and disseminate admissions-related communications.
• Serves as a member of the Law School’s senior leadership team, working collaboratively on strategic planning and initiatives, reporting admissions strategy and outcomes to the faculty and Board of Visitors, and, overall, being an outstanding external ambassador for the Law School.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 5 years of admissions experience
• Understanding of law school admissions environment
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Outstanding writing skills
• Basic computer competence
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends
• Strong communication skills before a public audience
• Ability to travel locally and nationally
• Proficiency with spreadsheet creation
Experience with law school admissions in a role that involved supervisory or oversight responsibility
• A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
• Familiarity with ACES2 and UNITE, marketing, and scheduling software
AD210 - Administrative
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend