Job no: 495354
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Biological Sciences at Seton Hall University, one of the leading Catholic universities in the U.S., is seeking applications for a full-time secretary to start immediately. The Department of Biological Sciences is a vibrant community with both graduate and undergraduate programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide full spectrum of clerical and office support to the Department of Biological Sciences.
• Receive and greet visitors
• Assist faculty in various academic activities
• Assist students
• Maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
• Produce correspondence, memos, meeting minutes, and reports, distribute as appropriate and retain file copies.
• Work with the department chair and director of graduate studies on projects and/or reports as assigned.
• Utilize the campus integrated database system for budgetary and informational needs.
• Prepare and submit faculty and student contract forms.
• Answer, screen phone calls, and take detailed messages.
• Receive and sort mail.
• Maintain office files and records.
• Make sure all syllabi are collected each semester.
• Supervise student workers
3- 5 years or related experience
Able to use current computer equipment and programs standard to the University, including the Microsoft office suite.
• Must have strong administrative, computer, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to clearly communicate in oral and written forms.
• Excellent customer service abilities
College degree preferred.
Staff Union (Local 153) - SU17.0
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend