Student Accounts Manager
Job no: 495330
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Reporting to the Associate Bursar, the Student Accounts Manager provides guidance and training while delegating work tasks to Bursar Representatives. When critical tasks of the department are not being met, confers with Associate Bursar for assistance.
Manages third party billing and collection of contracts for more than 75 third party payers sponsoring more than 1,000 students a semester across all the SHU schools. The Student Accounts Manager has a caseload of students and/or payers and is responsible for following the entire cycle of vendor management. Receives the contract from the student and works directly with the third-party payer until the contract is paid or until the contract reverts to the student for payment. Works with outside CMD call center and responds in a timely and professional manner. Also ensures voicemails, bursar email inquiries are up to date. As needed the Student Accounts Manager performs Bursar Representative tasks, including but not limited to payment and refund processing as well as customer service functions, to support timely and accurate resolution of students' accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validates, processes, reviews and then bills to third party payers for student tuition. Maintains the financial integrity of the accounts by constantly monitoring outstanding third-party balances to identify issues regarding unpaid balances or to locate and post payments. The 3rd party payer function is a critical revenue stream function for the university and must be managed by someone with skilled analysis experience. This function evaluates each 3rd payer vendor for historical vendor payment reliability with private, state as well as federal agencies and determines which students may more forward with low risk of losing tuition revenue yet balancing student retention.
- Responsible for reviewing and posting tuition and housing deposits from TouchNet to Banner. Touch Net and uStore maintenance.
- Works with CMD Call Center to resolve student inquiries that have been escalated. Able to solve problems, including the ability to help non-experts understand policies and processes especially as it relates to financial aid and assists other departments on campus, off-campus agencies and other institutions by providing information and resolving problems.
- Works with students and parents to adjust internal tuition Payment Plan. Troubleshoots and solves registration issues that result in student ineligibility to register due to financial holds. Coordinate communications necessary to assist the student to a successful registration. Exercises judgement in lifting registration hold to allow a student to register for a future term with a past due balance.
- Bachelor’s degree – Field of study: Accounting, Finance or Business
- Must be a critical thinker and be able to pinpoint risk to university revenue while being cognizant of student retention. Strong understanding of cash management policies and controls.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Proven experience with ERP systems and other related products such as e-Commerce payment systems;
- Knowledge and experience working with Ellucian Banner.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend