Esports Player Manager (RL) and Lab Assistant - PCSS - 2022/2023
Job no: 495284
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Student Employment
Duties and responsibilities outlined below:
Support the Rocket League team to develop and practices, scrimmages, VOD reviews. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the design and execution of practice and game calendars
• Search for scrimmages for the Rocket League Team
• Schedule Practices and VOD Reviews.
• Be present to record practice/scrimmages.
• Assist in try-outs, recording data for coaches.
• Assist in managing CRL/EGF/Show match Schedules
• Ensure players are online and on time for matches and practices.
• Game-Day prep: ensuring PC’s are ready (updated and optimized)
• Complete other manager projects as assigned.
Support “everyday” functioning of Esports Lab. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Esports Lab Consultant provides excellent customer service, technology assistance, and facility preparation for instruction, gaming, coaching, and collaboration.
• Interacts with lab patrons and aids end-users by answering questions and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Prepares lab for games/classroom instructions as requested, is willing to open/close the facility, and has the availability to work nights and weekends.
• Must have a basic knowledge of computer games, be qualified in resolving basic technology and gaming issues. Must also be familiar with standard software and hardware.
- • Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems, MS Office. Knowledge of SPSS and other software used on the SHU campus is also useful.
• Possess an understanding of Esports eco system (games, platforms, peripheral devices, esports and gaming trends, etc.)
• A strong working knowledge of Discord as this will be the primary form of communication.
• Basic knowledge of popular social media platforms social media and Esports channels/sites
• Familiarity working with database applications and querying information.
• Be a creative and detail oriented individual, capable of working collaboratively and taking initiative.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, along with proficient organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Possess past customer service experience.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend