Job no: 494991
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The Cheerleading Head Coach duties include but are not limited to: oversee the participation of the team at all activities and events; create a selection process to finalize members of the cheerleading squad; demonstrate techniques for completing choreographed cheer performances; communicate with the Assistant AD/Marketing to set practice schedules; arrange transportation for the cheerleading squad; conduct practices in a professional and organized manner; develop guidelines for dress and routines that are consistent with SHU’s philosophy; and follow the guidelines established for cheerleading by the AACCA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Explains and demonstrates techniques and methods of regulating movement of body to musical or rhythmic accompaniment
2. Choreographs and directs cheer performance.
3. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in movement.
1. Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college programs for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
1. Coordinate publicity for spirit squad activities, notifying proper staff member of all activities scheduled by the group.
2. Ensure that program is cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
3. Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of approved fund-raising activities.
1. Participate in public relations activities, as approved, including: granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances. Consult with assigned Media Services staff regarding game preparations.
2. Represent the department at professional, civic, charitable and alumni events. Consult with Compliance office staff to evaluate each request to ensure compliance with NCAA regulations.
Bachelor's degree; at least one year's experience as a cheerleading coach/instructor or competitive cheerleader
AD120 - Administrative
General office Environment/Other
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend