Job no: 494946
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The English Department at Seton Hall seeks a Tenure Track Assistant Professor of English, Specializing in Rhetoric and Composition, to begin in the Fall of 2022.
The standard teaching load is 3-3 (9 credits per semester); however, the successful candidate will teach a reduced load (2-2) and serve as Director of Basic Writing and Assessment. Teaching will be in the First-Year Writing Program and the Professional Writing track of the English MA Program. The Director will share the administration of the First Year Writing Program with the Director of First Year Writing. This will include coordinating Summer Placement, organizing Writing Faculty Orientation—particularly working with the new instructors and adjuncts, observing new instructors, assisting in training the Teaching Assistants, working with EOP, and coordinating all departmental assessments. The Directorship is a twelve-month appointment.
This faculty member’s primary responsibility will be to support the First-Year Writing Program and the Professional Writing Track in the MA.
The successful candidate will also publish in the Writing Studies field, following the Departmental Guidelines for Tenure and Promotion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 2 courses per semester in the First-Year Writing Program and the Professional Writing Track in the English MA Program.
- Administer the Basic Writing Portion of the First-Year Writing Program.
- Work with the Director of First Year Writing to run the larger program.
- Run departmental assessments of our various programs (Writing, Undergraduate, Graduate)
- PhD in Rhetoric and Composition, Writing Studies, or English Education (or equivalent) in hand by August 2022; teaching experience preferred.
Prior Experience working in a first-year writing program a plus.
- Experience with Assessment strongly preferred.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interviews will be via video conference in January.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend