Assistant Equipment Room Manager
Job no: 494861
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The position will assist the Associate Athletics Director for Equipment Operations to better serve student-athletes by lending administrative support, extending hours of operations, and coordinating equipment operations for one or more assigned sports programs. The position will assist in the preparation of electronic requisition ordering forms and assist in the receipt, distribution, and retrieval of equipment for staff and student-athletes. The position will maintain current inventories for all assigned sports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide laundry service for athletic uniforms and practice gear. Pack, store, and unpack athletic equipment and clothing for home and away games. Clean and maintain equipment, repairing damaged equipment when necessary.
- Oversee the issuance and collection of game gear. Maintain an inventory of all athletics equipment and keep accurate records of equipment provided to athletes, coaches, and staff. Document and inventory all incoming packages. Distribute packages to appropriate persons within the department.
- Meet with sales representatives to discuss new and existing products. Deliver apparel and other items to local vendors for screening/embroidering. Pick up equipment or apparel that is ordered through local vendors.
- Organize and control inventory in the annex storage room. Determine proper storing methods and identification for items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree; Prior experience in equipment room management preferred
- Bachelor's Degree; Knowledge of sports equipment and facility needs
Licenses and Certificates:
- Driver's License required with the ability to operate a cargo van; Athletic Equipment Manager's Association (AEMA) Certification preferred
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU14.0
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying. Extensive standing, walking
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only current Local 153 members may apply from 09/28/2021 to 10/04/04/2021.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend