Job no: 494736
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
To be the initial point of service for all first-year students in assisting and guiding their adjustment to university life. Will work with the Assistant Dean and other colleagues to initiate development of CORE-1001, SKIL-1104 and SKIL-1106 curriculum for fall and spring semesters.
Will advise students' course registration throughout the first-year with on going monitoring of academic progress throughout the first year. The "first-year" is defined as the successful completion of 30 credits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will advise students' course registration throughout the first-year with on going monitoring of academic progress throughout the first year. The "first-year" is defined as the successful completion of 30 credits.
- Work all New Student Orientations, assist with Open Houses, Previews and other collaborative initiatives from Enrollment Services and the Office of Student Engagement.
- Instruct 3 - 4 sections of the Fall semester CORE-1001 course which all first-year students must take and contribute to the creation of the 14 week course curriculum. Instruction of this course is included in the advisor's base pay.
- Be available for mentoring, academic advisement and guidance throughout the first-year and maintain a working knowledge of other resources on campus for referrals. Must be knowledgeable of FERPA, Title IX, Campus Security and all other required university policies and procedures.
- Serve on university committees as assigned by the Assistant Vice president and Assistant Deans.
- Master's Degree.
- Two (2) years experience working with students in an educational setting.
- Teaching or tutoring experience.
- General office environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend