Assistant Director, Advanced Practice Nurse
Job no: 494722
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Director of Health Services is a combined administrative and clinical position reporting to the Director of Health Services. The Assistant Director will participate in a comprehensive health care program designed to enhance student development, foster responsible decision-making, and assure accessible, quality medical care. All services will be provided in an ethical and professional manner in compliance with the Health Services APN/MD Joint Protocol, federal and state laws and regulations, as well as the Universities philosophies and Catholic mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Responsible person in the absence of the Director of Health Services
b. Co-Chair of the Quality Improvement Committee
c. Participates in initiatives and activities as assigned by the Director
a. Provides primary health care including: assessment, physical examination, ordering and interpretation of laboratory diagnostics, making appropriate diagnosis, initiating and monitoring of treatment plans, prescribing medications and medical devices, evaluating treatment effectiveness, referrals to specialists and institutions, and collaboration with professional staff.
b. Provides urgent and crisis health care to the student community
c. Advises and counsels patients regarding recommended health prevention screenings (i.e. cholesterol levels, mammography, pap smear, breast and testicular self-exam, blood pressure)
d. Provides patient education and counseling with a focus on wellness, prevention strategies and life style behavior modification (e.g., drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, stress, healthy relationships.)
e. Maintains appropriate medical records on all patients according to current medical , AAAHC and department standards.
f. Participates in peer review procedures
g. Participates in other initiatives and activities as assigned by the Director (e.g., health education programs, staff development)
- Masters Degree, currently licensed by the state of New Jersey as an Adult or Family Practice Advanced Practice Nurse.
- New Jersey prescriptive privilege's
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Understanding of the University Catholic Mission
- Experience in Quality Improvement
- Excellent technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative health care team
Licenses and Certificates:
- NJ RN and APN license
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Often; vision/hearing abilities, extensive standing/walking, exposure to hazardous materials
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend