AV Coordinator - Mid Shift
Job no: 494657
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The AV Coordinator is responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair, inventory tracking and coordination of audio visual equipment used in support of classes, meetings and special events held on the Seton Hall Campus. The AV Coordinator works with Faculty and other members of the university community with training on use of equipment, and/or on identifying the proper equipment needs in the classroom, helps troubleshoot/resolving issues over the phone and in person. Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 11:00am-7:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance/Repairs: Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs to all types of audio visual equipment, both installed in classrooms and other areas of the university, as well as in roll around/loaner service.
- Inventory and Coordinate equipment deliveries and support: Maintain audio visual equipment inventory and track equipment delivered throughout campus. Coordinate activities of and supervise media service student technology assistants (STAs). Deliver and recover AV equipment around campus as necessary.
- Troubleshooting: Provide assistance both in person and over the phone to the university community with audio visual technology issues in the classroom or while in the course of meetings/conferences. Track and update the Service Desk database (Service NOW) to address trouble calls.
- Training/Service: Provide continuous and ongoing training to Student Technology Assistants (STAs), Faculty and other members of the campus community and guests on how to use technology installed in all academic spaces or available for loan. Provide assistance and run AV equipment during special events or other academic program needs.
- Clerical: Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to: answering the telephone, taking reservations and keeping schedules. Assist Media Services clients with requests for services., updating Service NOW tickets.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational Training in related filed of AV/technology.
- 2-3 years experience in the AV Field, experience in educational setting.
- CTS certification
- MS TEAMS
- Staff Union (Local 153) - SU16.0
- Climbing ladders, working in ceilings, crawling on the floors, exposed to dust and debris. lift heavy equipment up to 50lbs. work with tools
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members van apply from 07/12/2021 to 07/16/2021.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend