Job no: 494618
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Graduate Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports editor in planning magazine content and layout. Meets with editor to discuss assignments that have been made as well as the time frame for each assignment.
• Maintains production schedule and alerts team members to potential issues that arise.
• Maintains trafficker’s role during closing period. Routes pages to specific team members and ensures that all changes that have been marked have been made.
• Assists editor by copyediting and fact checking; writes some captions and/or pull quotes; proofreads.
• Researches and writes short articles as required. (For example: In Brief, By the Numbers, News & Notes profiles)
• Independently prepares files for the magazine’s online version.
• Assists art director in locating photographs and other graphic elements to accompany articles and class notes.
• Arranges permissions.
• Assists editor with record-keeping, correspondence and database maintenance (updating magazine archive, works in progress list, freelance writer database.)
• Writes and edits materials for other publications functions as the need arises.
• Helps maintain online/social media presence.
• Other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
• Provides excellent customer service at all times as a representative of the University.
B.A. degree and some editorial or journalism experience; proven editing, writing, and proofing skills; strong organizational and interpersonal skills; proven research skills. Technology skills a plus. Candidates must be flexible and the capable of multitasking on tight deadlines; capable of managing projects independently; a self-starter who is deadline-driven.
Licenses and Certificates:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend