Assistant Vice President and Dean of the Center for Academic Success
Job no: 494524
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Vice President and Dean of the Center for Academic Success (CAS) is responsible for the oversight of Seton Hall University's first-year program and the Academic Success Team of the Division of Student Services. The position operationalizes admission programs and bridge programs (for example, the Fast Forward program) and tracks special cohorts (such as BIOM majors and students who remain undeclared after 30 credits) beyond the first year. This position includes the hiring, training and supervision of academic advisors and University Life instructors, graduate assistants, Peer Advisors and the Operations Coordinator.
This position is responsible for oversight of academic advising for the first three semesters, creation of the University Life curriculum, assessment of academic advising, instruction and Peer Advisors in CAS. The Dean also represents this broad department on university committees. Decisions in this area are significant as they affect one-quarter of the undergraduate population, i.e. the first-year class. This position also oversees the daily supervision of the Academic Resource Center, Academic Support for Student-athletes and ROTC. This position reports to the Vice President of Student Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the directors of the Academic Success Team unit of the division and provide strategic planning and leadershp, vision and oversight of day-to-day operations of the Center for Academic Success, the Academic Resource Center, ROTC, and Academic Support for Student Athletes.
- Remain current with all curriculum changes that affect first-year students. Work with academic deans, associate deans and chairs to be informed of relevant changes to first-year curriculum.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management, IT, and the Office of Student Engagement to coordinate New Student Orientation for incoming students. Manage and coordinate all aspects of University academic advising and early alert platform (Compass) including leadership meetings, training, reports and data analysis.
- Provide strategic planning and visionary leadership to the Division of Student Services. Represent the interests of the Academic Success areas and the Division of Student Services on University committees and campus-wide initiatives. Other duties as assigned.
- General office environment
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend